Longevity Wellness Resort is located in an area where nearly 80% of the territory is officially classified as “Natural Reserve”, therefore, every detail was thought through from scratch in order to offer a superior quality of life in complete harmony with nature.
Engineering & Architecture
- Construction up to only three storeys high, maintaining the original landscape.
- Stepped buildings along the slope, assimilated by local topography.
- Incorporation of the extracted raw materials in the buildings construction.
- Use of local flora in green areas thus reducing irrigation needs and preserving the authenticity of the landscape.
- Roofs and terraces with ecological system (green roof).
- Use of local raw materials (like the typical rock from Monchique, the “sieneto”).
- Use of specified materials with low values of embodied energy, as well as recycled materials.
- Energy - Bioclimatic design and use of solar energy.
- Water - measures on the demand side to control consumption for sanitary purposes plus use of rain water for landscape irrigation.
Hotel Operational Activities
- Recycled materials.
- Measures to reduce waste production and to promote recycling.
- Wide Energy savings procedures and standards.